Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Talk To Me!

I went into town today to collect my Nokia N73. Vodafone offered me the service for free seeing as I got the phone on contract directly from them. They have performed a software upgrade on the handset and have put Talks 3.10 on it for me. I have been given the standard UK Eloquence voice. I was hoping for Zooms but it wasn't to be. I am happy with Talks however as I can still use the phone's camera while Talks is enabled. For those of you who do not know what Talks is and what it does I'll explain: Talks is a screen reader that is available on Nokia Smartphones. It reads aloud whatever is displayed on screen so that visually impaired users can access the phone. I had it installed because I find it difficult to see the font that is used in text messages. If you have a Nokia N-series or E-series phone or any other Nokia S60 phone, you can find out more about talks, and download a demo for your handset here.

Vodafone have also upgraded me from 250 to 500 texts, which I like. They have really looked after me.

No comments: