Wednesday, June 13, 2007

An update on The Old Waiting Game

Today, I finally had my toenail delt with, about three months after my ringing up for an appointment. I was in a BitTorrent of pain this morning after the anaesthetic wore off but I took a couple of painkillers and they did the trick (well that could have been the couple of Belgian Chocolates that my housemate left me, eaten well after the painkillers).

I am really looking forward to hobbling to Slide 7 on Monday at Microsoft UK HQ in Reading. It should be a good day. I never did consider getting into Web development but it could help me with disabled access to computers, talking of which, Disability Services at Hull have realised that they need ZoomText 9.1 as the university is planning on deploying Office 2007 on it's student network, and ZoomText 9.0 does not follow the cursor in Word, meaning you have to manually move the mouse pointer to where the cursor is. This said, and the fact that I am using the copy of Office 2007 Ultimate that I acquired for Microsoft when they gave a talk at Hull University, the Disability services have ordered me a copy of ZoomText 9.1 from Sight and Sound. Hopefully Jacobs Well will give us the funding for it.

No comments: