Friday, June 08, 2007

Going to the lakes

Today I decided to go with the Outlook Trust (the charity that used to be a subsiduary of Temple Bank www.theoutlooktrust.co.uk)
to the lake district. I go0t up bright and early to head to Hull to buy some sandals for going on the lake with. After the sandals were bought, I headed for Hull Station to catch a pink train to Leeds. With my Young Person's railcard this cost me £11 for an Open Return ticket, which means I can head back to Hull anytime until July 7th. I was supposed to meet someone in Leeds but unfortunaqely they had a chain of disasters (déjà vu?), so I waited round Leeds station for a while. Leeds Station is fantastic as everyone is very friendly there. Once I met the person, about four hours later, we caught a train to Bingley station where the Outlook Trust picked us up on the magic bus. They took us to Windermere Youth Hostel and that's where I am now, writing up my blog on a pay-per use Internet PC.

It is very nice to catch up with all my old friends from Temple Bank School, and meet a few new faces too.

No comments: