Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Vista Users getting Royal Screw Job - Again

Ai Squared has brought out Zoom Text 9.1, with support for Dual Monitors and, of course, Windows Vista. Anyone getting a new Vista PC need not worry – you will be able to install Zoom Text 9.1 and access your new investment – that is if you have been able to buy the Extended Support Plan – or you have got around $600 to spare. Now I have just got myself well into the red buying my new PC so I cannot afford ZT 9.1. Why does Ai Squared think they can charge users just to be able to use Vista? That is like saying "You're blind – therefore you cannot use Vista!" Is it any wonder people want to download pirate software and circumvent product activation when companies play tricks like that?

Please note that I do not condone the circumvention of copyright protection technologies. Unauthorized distribution of copyrighted software is illegal and can incur civil and criminal penalties to the maximum extent possible under US and International law.

I'm sure however there's something about a Disability Discrimination act in there, too though.

No comments: