Tuesday, February 27, 2007

World Record last night

I am taking part in the Microsoft Imagine Cup in the Software Design challenge, and I had to install Visual studio 2005 on Windows Vista. I started the install at about 7:55PM last night. The initial install finally finished at 10PM, and I started to install Service Pack 1, whcih took me to about 2AM in the morning, after which I installed the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Hotfix Beta, which should probably have only took me an hour but it was about 5:30AM this morning by the time it finished as I left the PC unattended.

I was able to start my report on my laptop as I set up an Adhoc wireless network so I could access files and the Internet from my desktop PC ...... oh wait, maybe THAT's why it took so long. If my desktop PC's got to think about being an access point for the Internet, access Simpsons episodes from my hard drive and install Visual Studio 2005 SP1 at the same time, that COULD be an inclination as to why it took so long. Hmm.........

No comments: