Monday, February 19, 2007

Jay on TV, and why not?

On Friday, two women came from the BBC to interview me about how being in Foster Care has affected my education. They are doing a documentary for Teachers' TV, which you can get through Sky and Freeview (The free Digital Terrestrial TV Service in the UK). They interviewed me because I made it to university even though I am in care and have a visual impairment and Aspergers' Syndrome (See earlier post somewhere down the page). Anyhoo*, these women brought their cameras in case I wanted to be filmed that day, so I complied, and they interviewed me about being in care and my education. They then had me walk to Ferens building as if I were going to a lecture, and they filmed me doing that. I had to cross the road about three times while the camera angles were perfected, and I was aware that it was trying to rain. Afterwards, the camera woman had to go, and the woman who interviewed me stayed for a coffee and biscuits (My hosting duties were clear) and she washed up everyones pots (I didn't ask her to, she just did it) and dropped me off at Withernsea where I went to see my parents. It was a good morning. The program will be aired sometime in September. I will keep you posted, and will drop a link on this blog where you can see it online.

* (c) 2007 many people including Rob Miles™

No comments: