Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Take a look at this article from Magnifiers.org

It talks about the accessibility, or lack of it, natively in Windows Vista. I am, in actual fact, running Windows Vista Business to write this blog. Unfortunately, my brand new shiny copy of ZoomText 9.0 will not work under Vista. Instead, I have to wait for ZoomText 9.1 to come out. I agree with this article in that why doesn't Vista come with a full-screen magnifier proper screen reader with lots of different languages and clear voices, and, oh yes, the ability to work in Microsoft Word, unlike Microsoft Narrator.

It seems to me that Microsoft have paid more attention to anti-piracy measures than they have to making Windows Vista accessible. I'm going to stop now and take a cocktail of headache tablets because my eyes are straining on this. Thanks, Bill, you really did well there. Now does anyone have a Mac that they would sell cheap because Vista just locks me out :(

No comments: